During the past two years a major redevelopment, by 6a Vision has taken place on the site of Holders Yard and the old engine house in Station Road. This includes seven new homes and the regeneration of the two original buildings on the site, the barn (parts of which date back to 1750) and the engine house, which is the building attached to the chimney.
There are only two such chimneys left in Petersfield, following the removal of the third one relatively recently. This one is now here to stay as an important feature of the site, and the town’s history. These neglected buildings have been given a new lease of life and will be here for future generations.
The housing development is now called Clarendon Close.