At our joint meeting on March 18 with Liss Archaeological Group, proposals were made for a framework for future joint fieldwork study. The proposal is to undertake a landscape analysis of an area encompassing the roman sites at Liss, Colemore, Stroud, Froxfield, Ridgehanger Lane. Within this area there are a number of sites that can enable the group to gain a greater understanding of what was happening in this area in the late Iron Age, Roman and possibly post–Roman periods.
The expected outcome of this study are:-
- A photographic record of selected sites.
- A database of local Roman and earlier finds that can be used as a resource for future field walking.
- A greater understanding of the Late Iron Age and Roman settlement within the target area.
- A greater idea of where it might be useful to undertake geophysical surveys within the area.
- The possibility of discovering new and so far unrecognised sites.